First Day of 1st Grade!!! She was so excited the day before...then morning arrived and she said: "I'm not going" "I don't want to sit at that table with all boys!" At the open house, we noticed the names on her table and she was with all boys. Only one boy that she knew from Kindergarten. She didn't talk about it at all until that morning.
We talked about all of the great things she would get to do on the first day, the great lunch she had packed, the awesome selection of Junie B. Jones books in her classroom, and all of her new friends! That still didn't work, so we talked about truancy and school district security...then she stomped across the street and got on the bus. I didn't get a picture of her smiling on the bus. I barely got a wave.
Kaitlyn had no problems waving goodbye to Kelsey and going back to watch cartoons with Cookie Monster!
Hooray!! The day ended with a big smile!! Mrs. Shaw added a girl to Kelsey's table at school!! Kelsey promised me that she didn't say a word to Mrs. Shaw (I was worried that she said something to the teacher!) It just worked out!!! Happy first grader!