Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Kaitlyn's trip to the ER!

 Kaitlyn fell at school and broke both the bones in her forearm.  She fell on her belly and her arm.  Bob called me at work when he was on his way to the ER.   When I saw her, I still couldn't believe it and I still had hope that it wasn't broken!  Now, looking at the pictures, I see what a little noodle of an arm she had that afternoon!  Poor thing!  She was so amazingly brave and cooperative for everyone that worked with her.  The ER staff was incredibly kind and quick to help her. 


 She only cried when they put the IV in her arm.  She doesn't remember the doctors setting the bones and bandaging her up.  She woke up about 45 minutes later and had a popsicle.  When we left the ER that evening, she said "Now I know not to be afraid if I ever break my arm again"  She is completely amazing!  She slept very well that night and then off to pick out a cast in the morning. We were so lucky that the doctors did such a wonderful job setting the bones and no surgery was needed!

It's going to be alright!  6 weeks and she'll be back to monkey business again!  Kate the Great!